Ethics and morals are often confused for one another and generate a lot of debate and discussion. A major problem is that everyone is different, and for that reason, people will interpret different ethical decisions differently. This may boil down to culture, upbringing or past experiences, but there is something that has shaped the different beliefs that people possess.
This course will help to define your ethical framework to make solving ethical dilemmas an easier process, this framework will be guided by some tools that you can use to make ethical decisions and using case studies to practice making those decisions in a safe environment.
Why Bother with Ethics?
It’s a question that you may hear a lot, but ethics are a good way to create a strong foundation and sustainable growth to any organisation and this must trickle down from senior level directors and management, through to anyone who is working within the company.
Any consumer who sees an ethical approach as part of your office or business is more likely to reward you with positive reviews and loyalty which is important for customer retention.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Understand the difference between ethics and morals
- Understand the value of ethics
- Identify some of your values and moral principles
- Be familiar with some philosophical approaches to ethical decisions
- Identify some ways to improve ethics in your office
- Know what is required to start developing an office code of ethics
- Know some ways to avoid ethical dilemmas
- The tools that will help you make better ethical decisions
- Become familiar with some common ethical dilemmas
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Use your new skillset to influence big decisions in your office with strong ethical foundations
- Learn the difference between ethics and morals
- Have a positive influence on your organisation
- Extracurricular resources given so you can build further on your newfound knowledge
- Transferable skills through any organisation of any size